TeamSpeak 3 Client Version 3.0.6 Released
by Sven on Apr 23, 2012
The TeamSpeak development team would like to announce the immediate availability of version 3.0.6 of the TeamSpeak 3 Client. This release contains required changes the lateast TeamSpeak 3 Server releases. In addition, we've continued to make several improvements to streamline usability and functions, such as temporary server passwords and support for animated avatars.
Here's the full change log for version 3.0.6:
=== Client Release 3.0.6 20 Apr 2012
+ Added temporary server passwords, see contextmenu on server. Temporary
passwords are valid for a specified period of time and work in addition to
the permanent server password. The server requires a permanent passwords
set, else temporary passwords have no effect. Needs server 3.0.3 or above.
+ Plugin API updated to 16
+ Added context menu "Paste & Send" in chat line.
+ The away message is now shown beside nickname.
+ Added multiselection for "Permissions > Channel Groups > Clients", the DEL
key works too.
+ Added ban reason sorting.
+ Added line markers for each chat line. Can be disabled via chat display
context menu (default is enabled).
+ Added ability to delete other clients avatar if b_client_avatar_delete_other
is set. Requires server 3.0.3 or above.
+ Removed the confusing soundpack "None".
+ Added animated gif support for avatar and channel description. Can be
toggled in Settings->Options->Design (default is enabled).
+ Added new permission b_client_request_talker, this allows clients to
request talk power. Requires server 3.0.3 or above.
+ Added news browser, meant to point users to new features in the client.
* Added name of the user who granted talk power to the message: "Talk power
granted by X".
* Utilities (update, error_report and package_installer) are now dynamically
* Plugin API changes: Added setPluginMenuEnabled, requestClientIDs,
onClientIDsEvent, onClientIDsFinishedEvent. Removed pluginEvent and
getAPIVersion. Removed plugin_events.h header.
* Added plugin hotkeys, see test plugin for details
* Added version string to uninstall registry entries for display in Windows
deinstall system control panel.
* Phonetic name can now be pre- defined per identiy but still be overwritten in
* ts3server:// links can now be entered into the Connect dialog. Values from
this link will overwrite existing values from the dialog.
* Collected URLs are now saved in binary file instead of ini, much faster.
* Display server/channel group icons in group list of permissions window.
* All clients list can now also be searched by client unique identifier.
- Fixed contextmenu in chat on ts3server links
- Fixed opening the privilege key dialog without having the permission to see
the key list and also then, all created keys will be shown until the dialog
has been closed or list has been reloaded.
- Minor UI overhaul of privilege key list and add dialog.
- Fixed adding a custom ban even without the permission to list. When adding a
ban a dialog will show if the ban could be inserted.
- Empty ban list no longer shows "Insufficient permissions to view bans"
- Fixed opening URLs with different char encoding e.g. ISO 8859-1 (Latin-1)
having '%F6' instead of 'ö' in filename.
- Fixed opening text chat from a received poke on correct server.
- Fixed no colors in multiline messages.
- Fixed invitation if privilege key contains a plus sign.
- Fixed special HTML characters (<, > etc) getting lost in chat history
- Fixed special HTML characters in client description
- Clear old server log when connecting to a new server in the server log view
- Changed behaviour of the last tabs close button.
- Fixed broken avatar template values.
- Fixed poke message size limit when message includes URL(s).
- Fixed writing and reading chatlog history. Please backup or delete old chat
logs to start clean or you might feel some strange delay.
- Fixed bookmarks manager reporting unsaved changes.
- Fixed copying nicknames from chat if they contain whitespaces.
- Removed some repetitive settings from options dialog which are also
accessible via contextmenus in the client mainwindow.
- Adjusted client for anti-flood settings fix for server version 3.0.3.
- Fixed an assert with animated images.
- Removed animation of group icons.
- Sorting of server- and channelgroups should behave the same even with
identical sortID everywhere in the client.
- Added Delete keyboard shortcut to subscriptions dialog to remove entries
- Volume control plugin overhaul
- Fixed possibly invalid grant value displayed in permission overhaul
- Removed "Export to PDF" in permission overhaul
- Cleaned up client, channel and server info templates. Added list of all
replacable variables to templates so user can easily restore the removed
information with own templates.
- Removed clientID column from all-clients list
- Fixed banners not reloading anymore when the image was not available.
- Fixed bookmark drag&drop issues on Mac.
- Fixed crash when trying to send an offline message via fake link.
- Fixed copy and paste when text contains an image object.
- Fixed saving first-start-bookmark for not using hotkeys on a temporary uuid.
- Fixed hotkey toggle/activate/deactivate plugin.
- Fixed minor issues using animated gifs.
- Added workaround for G35 sound driver issue (voice only on right site)
All users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to version 3.0.6. For source downloads please visit our downloads page, or simply use the auto-update feature through your existing client.
TeamSpeak 3 Server Version 3.0.5 Released
by Sven on Apr 23, 2012
The TeamSpeak development team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of version 3.0.5 of the TeamSpeak 3 Server. This release focuses on improving the reliability and security of several features.
Here's the full change log for version 3.0.5:
=== Server Release 3.0.5 23 April 2012
! MySQL users, please alter your table server_properties and extend the "value" field from VARCHAR(255) to VARCHAR(2048)
! privilegekeylist no longer shows groups which does not match i_group_needed_member_add_power and/or i_group_member_add_power
+ added possibility to give a channel password when creating a temporary server password
(check docs for details)
* the following actions will reset client idletime: logview, clientdblist, complainlist, complainadd, talkower grant/revoke
+ clientlist can also show ips (paramter -ip)
- fixed an issue were channel properties saved two times on create or edit
- fixed an issue were clientdbdelete did not delete avatar files correctly
- fixed invalid ident names for virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_command_block and virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_ip_block
(breaks client-side serveredit below version 3.0.6)
Note that a TeamSpeak 3 Client version 3.0.6 is reqired to use some of the new features.
All server providers are strongly encouraged to upgrade to version 3.0.5. As always, simply extract the package file and overwrite all changed files on the server. Please continue to report bugs as they are discovered.
TeamSpeak 3 Server Version 3.0.3 Released
by Sven on Mar 19, 2012
The TeamSpeak development team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of version 3.0.3 of the TeamSpeak 3 Server. This release includes an exciting new feature - temporary server passwords. This allows admins to add additional passwords to their server that expire after a specified amount of time. This is a great way to grant temporary access to guests without having to change the default server password afterwards. In addition, we've added two new privileges to further increase the flexibility of our permission system.
Here's the full change log for version 3.0.3:
=== Server Release 3.0.3 19 March 2012
! permissions updated to revision 14
+ added temporary serverpasswords: servertemppasswordadd, servertemppassworddel, servertemppasswordlist
(check docs for details)
+ added new permission b_client_request_talker to control who can request talk power
+ added new permission b_client_avatar_delete_other to allow deleting avatars from other clients
+ ftinitdownload and ftinitupload now show bound ips
- fixed queryclient antiflood bug
Note that a TeamSpeak 3 Client version 3.0.6 is reqired to use some of the new features. A pre-release build can be obtained using our public BETA channel. Use at your own risk!
All server providers are strongly encouraged to upgrade to version 3.0.3 to prepare for the upcoming client release. As always, simply extract the package file and overwrite all changed files on the server. Please feel free to drop us a line in our community forums if you have any questions or feedback.
Thank you for your continued support and for the confidence that you have placed in our products!
TeamSpeak to Attend World Hosting Days (WHD) 2012
by Florence on Mar 6, 2012
We are pleased to announce our scheduled attendance at the WorldHostingDays (WHD) event March 20th-23rd 2012. The WHD event is held annually in Rust, Germany. This convention has evolved into the largest and, for many, the most important meeting of the International hosting industry. We will have a representative attending the event. If you are an entrepreneur or represent a hosting company that is considering adding TeamSpeak to your hosting services to add value, increase your revenues, and penetrate the online gaming market, please contact our Business Development department through our Support Website to schedule a meeting. At the WHD, you can also make direct contact through the VIP.connect feature which is available during the convention and can be accessed on location.
For more information on the WHD, please visit www.WorldHostingDays.com
Hope to see you there!
- TeamSpeak Team
TeamSpeak 3 Server Version 3.0.2 Released
by Sven on Feb 29, 2012
The TeamSpeak development team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of version 3.0.2 of the TeamSpeak 3 Server. This release introduces a completely reworked anti-spam system and several important bug fixes. In addition, we've taken lots of feedback from the community and our many ATHPs to make the global management of permissions easier to use in general. As always, please continue to help us to identify bugs in order to ensure that all things behave as expected.
Here's the full change log for version 3.0.2:
=== Server Release 3.0.2 29 February 2012
! anti spam system reworked
- removed virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_warning, virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_kick, virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_ban, virtualserver_antiflood_ban_time
- added virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_command_block (stops executing of commands, no ban is invoked anymore)
- added virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_ip_block (prevents from connecting, no ban is invoked)
! mysql users please alter all fields in tables "servers" and "clients" regarding download/upload from "int unsigned" to "bigint unsigned"
+ whoami shows client_origin_server_id (server which the client does belong too)
+ addded servergroupautodelperm and servergroupautoaddperm bound to b_permission_modify_power_ignore (check docu for details)
- fixed empty channeledit command invoked an channeledit message to clients
- fixed query ban message had no line endings
- fixed issue with permlist commands giving not correct error back on an empty list
All server providers are strongly encouraged to upgrade to version 3.0.2. The update process is very simple. Simply extract the package file and overwrite all changed files on the server.
For MySQL users, please refer to our changelog for a list of necessary database migration steps.
TeamSpeak 3 Client Version 3.0.5 Released
by Sven on Feb 16, 2012
The TeamSpeak development team would like to announce the immediate availability of version 3.0.5 of the TeamSpeak 3 Client. We got a lot of feedback that helped us to improve our product. Please continue to help us to identify bugs in order to ensure that all things behave as expected. This release focuses on improving the stability of the the TeamSpeak 3 Client with over 15 bug fixes, but also contains required changes for the upcoming TeamSpeak 3 Server release.
Here's the full change log for version 3.0.5:
=== Client Release 3.0.5 15 Feb 2012
* Caps Lock now available as hotkey on Mac
* Minor bookmarks manager layout overhaul
* Adjusted Linux runscript to work better with KDE
- Fixed misbehaving "More" button in All Clients List
- Fixed possible crash when connecting to server
- Fixed chat input field when switching chat tabs and text was selected
- Disable "Show ServerQuery Clients" when adding a bookmark via a ts3server:// link with "addbookmark=<label>"
- Use nickname of default identity when connecting via ts3server://
- Hide empty global "Plugins" menu when no plugin creates a global menuitem
- Display bookmark name in server tab, bookmark name was previously ignored
- Fixed detecting changes in bookmarks manager with new serverquery and soundpack settings
- Add bookmark from ts3server link as last item on first level of the tree instead of subitem of the last folder
- Calling requestFileList in plugins no longer opens file browser window in client (note plugins should use return codes to implement this properly)
- Updater: When autostarting the client, keep the start button disabled to avoid starting the client multiple times
- Escape "&" in bookmark labels when shown in menu
- Fixed issues banning visible client when ban power was set by channel group
- Fixed anti-flood message printed in wrong tab
- Fixed chat tab notification markers when switching between multiple servers
- Newsticker performance improvements
- Fixed possible crash when clicking toolbar buttons while switching servers
- When clicking ts3server links with addbookmark=<label>, request adding new bookmark if the specified label does not yet exist
All users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to version 3.0.5. For source downloads please visit our downloads page, or simply use the auto-update feature through your existing client.